Frequently Asked Questions

Help us build our FAQ library. If you have a question that you think should be included in the list below, please send your suggestions to

Can I access the syllabus before I decide whether or not I want to register for this course?

Yes! You can view it here.

Does Principles of Animal Nutrition (ANSC 22100) satisfy the prerequisite requirements for my vet school?

It meets the requirements for Purdue University and many others. Please check with the school in which you intend to apply.

How to I apply for this course?

Please visit our website and click on ANSC 22100 – Applications Instructions and follow the directions listed.

I’ve applied through the Admissions office but still have not heard anything. What is going on?

Once our office gets notification of your application we will approve it and then send you an Admissions Request email. That email will direct you to the next steps you need to take. This could take a week or two from the date that you applied.

Can I check my application status before I receive the letter from the Admissions Office in the mail?

Yes, you can view your application status/decision letter by clicking here and following these instructions.

I paid my tuition but I am not registered yet. What should I do?

First be sure to check your emails. We are required to email you using your account so if you have forwarded your emails, it is possible that they are not getting through. Please look for the following:

  • Please check your emails to you email address to see if you receive an email about holds that may be on your account. If you received such an email, please remove the holds and respond to the email so that your registration can be completed.
  • Please check your email address for your confirmation letter and follow the steps provided in the email to access your Bb account.

Do I have to activate my myPurdue account or use my @purdue e-mail account?

Yes! All students are required to activate their career account and use their @purdue e-mail account. This is the way the University will communicate with you.

I am having trouble activating my career account. What should I do?

Please contact Information Technology at Purdue at or call 765-494-4000.

What other costs might I incur in addition to the application fee and the tuition?

The textbook (Pond, Church, Pond and Schoknecht's Basic Animal Nutrition and Feeding) is very highly recommended. You can obtain a copy from an online bookstore. You may incur proctoring costs if you cannot find someone willing to do that for free. You could be asked to pay for mailing and/or faxing exams and homework.

How do I get back into the website for ANSC 22100? I used to be able to access it but now I can't.

Please go to and log in with your Purdue career account credentials. If you continue to have difficulty, please contact Digital Education at

How are exams taken?

Exams are 'conventional' written exams that will be e-mailed to the proctors. The proctor will return completed exams to Dr. Forsyth.

When will my grade be posted?

Fall grades will be posted at the end of December. Spring grades will be posted mid-May. Summer grades will be posted mid-August. You will see your grade in Blackboard when it is available. Grades and transcripts can be obtained through your myPurdue account under the Academic tab.

When does my class need to be completed?

Please visit our website and refer to the calendar for the semester in which your course started.

What if I don't finish this semester?

You will receive an incomplete that will be changed to your grade when you do finish the course.

What if I decide to drop the course?

If you should decide to drop the course, you will be refunded according to Purdue policy - 80% the first two weeks; 60% the second two weeks; 40% the third two weeks; and after that, no refund will be issued. If you have not paid your fees at the time you drop, you will be billed for the amount owed and expected to pay. Please visit Purdue University's Refund Policy website for additional information.

A written request to drop the course and withdraw from the University (if ANSC 22100 is the only course you are registered for) must be submitted to or faxed to 765-496-1424.

What do I do if I can't register for this course during the term I applied for?

Once you have submitted your application and have been admitted to Digital Education, you are permitted to switch your application one time without having to reapply and repay the application fee.

Students that are accepted into incoming semester (Fall) Vet Med but need to take the course in earlier (Summer) semester.

  • Need to apply as DE non-degree seeking student for summer semester.
  • They must finish the course by the end date on the summer calendar. They will not have the year to finish.
  • Will be registered in the DE section and sent the summer Bb link.

Students that are currently in the Vet Med but wish to take this course.

  • Student will need Dale’s permission to enroll in this course.
  • Student will register their self in the PWL section of the course.
  • Student will need to notify our office that they enrolled in the course so that we can watch for payment.
  • When payment is received, we need to send the Bb link so the student can access the course.

Dale Forsyth

Purdue University
Dept of Animal Science
915 W. State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2054

Fax: 765.494.9346

View Website

Shannon Harvey
Program Assistant

Stewart Center, Room G59
128 Memorial Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2034

Phone: 765-496-3337

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by IT Application Services

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact IT Application Services at